[職位空缺] Invites application for the position of Artistic Director
Established in 1977 and incorporated in 2001 under the Companies Ordinance Chapter 32, the Hong Kong Repertory Theatre (HKRep) is a charitable institution operated with financial support from the HKSAR Government to promote, maintain, and advance the interest of the public in theatre arts. It also subscribes sponsorship from the community for productions and solicits donations from individuals for its development fund.
HKRep plays a leading role in the industry to develop diverse and quality repertoires, cultural exchanges and arts education programmes. It also operates a Black Box Theatre, a platform for young artists, new works and international collaborations.
The Artistic Director sets the artistic directions and provides artistic leadership for the Company, and acts as Joint Chief Executive with the Executive Director. Primary responsibilities include:
- To provide artistic leadership to the Company according to the agreed vision of the Council
- To plan the Company’s annual programmes and supervise all productions
- To lead and / or direct and / or write two or more productions for the Company each year
- To supervise the Company’s education and outreach programmes
- To participate and assist in the Company’s promotion, public-relations and sponsorship activities
- To provide leadership and ideas for the artistic development of members of the Company and to supervise their performances
The candidate we are looking for would be someone with
- Good general education
- Good command of both written and spoken Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua ) and English
- Professional training in drama
- At least 15 years working experience in theatre work with minimum 5 years or above in key positions related to artistic director and/or theatre administration.
- Sound knowledge in Chinese and Western drama, classic and contemporary
The selected candidate will be engaged in 2 phases:
- As Artistic Director (designate) from around September 2022 to prepare the 2023/24 season programme planning and other preparation work of the Company
- As full-time Artistic Director from 1 April 2023
An interested party may send a letter of interest together with a full curriculum vitae to
Hong Kong Repertory Theatre Limited
4/F Sheung Wan Municipal Services Building
345 Queen’s Road Central
Envelopes should be marked “Application for Artistic Director”
Or apply by sending an email to AD_recruit@hkrep.com
The closing date for application is 18 May 2022. For inquiries, please contact Mr. Kenneth Luk at 3103 5903.
The Company reserves the right not to fill the position. The information provided will only be used for consideration of an application.