Award-winning Korean black comedy uncovers the truth behind an election scandal
An elephant escapes from the zoo, wreaking havoc in town and disrupting an election campaign, leading to a public outcry. No one believes the zookeeper, who claims it was an accident; statements from the zookeeper’s mother, a co-worker, a doctor and a detective all contain wild digressions. Which of them is telling the truth?Soon after its premiere in South Korea in 2012, That’s Not True garnered numerous accolades at the 49th Dong-A Theatre Awards and the 5th Republic of Korea Theatre Awards.
When theatres reopened in Hong Kong in 2022, a Black Box production of That’s Not True was quickly assembled. Despite enthusiastic response, both the performance schedule and seating capacity were severely limited, and many theatre lovers missed out. In order to share this fine Korean drama with even larger audiences, the HKRep arranged a nine-camera video crew to capture That’s Not True from many angles, including footage invisible to audiences in the theatre!
The cinema has transformed itself into an interrogation room, but can this enclosed chamber imprison the zookeeper’s thirst for freedom?
- MCL K11 Art House
- (1)12.8.2023(Sat) 2pm^
(2)26.11.2023 (Sun) 2pm
^With post-screening sharing session. Conducted in Cantonese.
- Presented in Cantonese with Chinese and English subtitles
- The screening will last for approximately 82 minutes
- This film is classified as Category IIB – Not Suitable for Young Persons and Children.
- PALS member (A maximum of 4 discounted tickets can be purchased per transaction at box office. The discount offer applies to box office ticketing only.)
- MCL Max member (Not suitable for for morning shows before 12nn)
- Student, Child, and Senior
Tickets NOW available at K11 Art House
Click here for online ticketing
Programme Enquiries: 3103 5900
|Playwright||Lee Mee Kyung (South Korea)|
|Chinese Translator||Xian Yingen|
|Cantonese Translator||Chris Shum|
|Director||Fong Chun Kit|
|Video Director||Siubo Ho|
Ng Ka Leung
Chow Chi Fai
Man Sui Hing
|Set Designer||Jan Wong|
|Costume Designer||Cindy Ho Pui Shan|
|Lighting Designer||Zoe Cheung|
|Composer and Sound Designer||Leung Po Wing|